Marto Lafitte and Associates Inc
We advise our clients on a broad range of commercial transactions. We draft and advise our clients on:
- Shareholder, joint venture agreements and company structures;
- Credit agreements;
- Contractual compliance with Consumer Protection Act;
- Specialized contracts
- Sale and lease agreements;
- In respect of commercial property transactions, including development of property, office parks and retail malls. We provide advice on cluster and sectional title developments, sale agreements, leases, development agreements, building contracts, etc.
- Registration of companies and close corporations
We further provide advice on tax implications of property transactions in collaboration with specialist associates.
PROPERTY AND CONVEYANCING
The department specializes in conventional and sectional title transfers, registration and cancellation of mortgage bonds, opening of sectional title registers and proclamation of townships, land consolidations and sub-divisions and servitudes.
We also attend to property related litigation including contractual disputes, landlord and tenant, building disputes and agency.
We specialize in contractual and commercial related civil litigation. We attend to Magistrate’s Court and High Court Litigation, as well as arbitration.
We advise our clients on the requirements and assist with the compliance of the Consumer Protection Act (“the Act”).
We “audit” our clients’ businesses to ensure compliance with provisions relating to marketing (especially direct marketing), contracts and warranty provisions.
We train our clients’ staff and management on material aspects of the Act.
We draft and / or amend our clients’ agreements to ensure compliance.
WILLS AND ESTATE PLANNING
We attend to the drafting of wills, tax efficient estate planning including the formation of trusts and the administration of deceased estates.